The Importance of Creating an Interactive Printer Map
In today’s modern office environment, efficiency is the name of the game. Streamlining workflows and optimizing processes can significantly impact productivity. One often overlooked yet crucial aspect of office efficiency is managing the strategic placement/location of printers and copiers. Here are some of the key reasons to implement an interactive floor plan based printer map:
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
When printers encounter issues or require maintenance, quick access is essential. A well-mapped floor plan printer map makes it easier for IT personnel to locate and address printer problems promptly. This reduces downtime and ensures that printing disruptions are kept to a minimum. Regular maintenance can also be scheduled more efficiently when printer locations are clearly marked on the floor plan.
One of the most apparent advantages of mapping printer locations is improved accessibility. When printers are strategically placed throughout the office, employees spend less time searching for the nearest one. This reduces the amount of time wasted on printing-related tasks, allowing employees to focus on more critical work. By mapping printer locations on a floor plan, you can ensure that printers are placed in areas that are easily accessible to everyone in the office. This accessibility can enhance the overall flow of work and contribute to a more efficient workplace. Printers can be found by typing a few letters of the printers name in the search box, or by simple viewing the interactive office floor plan and selecting the nearest printer to your seating location.
Scalability and Adaptability
As your office evolves and grows, the need for printer locations may change. Mapping printer locations provides a visual reference that makes it easier to adapt to new office layouts and accommodate additional equipment when necessary. This scalability ensures that your office remains efficient and adaptable to future needs.
Integration with IT Asset Management Systems
IT Asset Management (ITAM) is a set of practices that combines financial, technical, and service management functions to manage IT assets effectively. Here are some of the reasons why you might want to use an ITAM service:
- Control of your IT environment: ITAM helps you manage your IT environment from a service and component level. It enables you to map out your ITAM process and prioritize your most business-critical areas including adding a printer map.
- Effective deployment of software assets: ITAM ensures that all corporate software is installed from a central, authorized source. This helps avoid mistakes in terms of licensing or the correct software or updates not being installed.
- Effective management of hardware assets: ITAM helps you take care of the biggest hardware sources of service requests, such as desktops and laptops, and other hardware such as servers, network hardware, voice hardware, printers, scanners, tablets, monitors, keyboards, mice, and removable media.
- Cost savings: ITAM helps balance spending versus usage and supports lifecycle management for IT software and hardware. Done well, it can save you time, money, and effort
- Increased control: ITAM creates a single source of truth when optimizing budgets, supporting lifecycle management, and making decisions that impact the entire organization. It also enforces compliance with security and legal policies and reduces risks.
The Floor Plan Mapper based printer map can easily be hotlinked from any IT Asset Management Systems. Simply pass in the asset ID at the end of a URL (https://yourfloorplanmapper.com/?printerID=8983434), and, IT staff can quickly display the IT asset on an interactive floor plan.
Mapping printer/copier locations on a floor plan is a seemingly simple but highly effective strategy for improving office efficiency. Create a printer map here via the Floor Plan Mapper Online free trial: https://fpm.cloud